Remember the cork wreaths from Stick a Cork In It?? Well, at my parent's house, we decided to make it a feature wall for their wreath and wine decorations in their kitchen with this gorgeous stone/glass tile.
We chose Harvest Moon Interlocking 8 in. x 18 in. x 8 mm Glass Stone Mesh-Mounted Mosaic Tile from Home Depot. It looks very beige in the online picture but in reality its very earthy with greens, blues, and grays in the stone and glass.
Before the wall was just a big 'ol plain white wall:
- Wet saw tile cutter
- Only needed for the straight cuts on the end of the wall tile.
- Tile Adhesive
- Each tile sheet was back-buttered with the tile adhesive and placed on the wall.
- 1/4" Notched Trowel
- Wipe off any extra tile adhesive.
- This tile required NO GROUT! This saved a lot of time and mess .
- Touch up paint once the stone wall was done.
Progress of the stone/glass tile wall:
Stone installation complete:
We used a masonry drill bit through the stone and anchors to place all decoration back to their original home. We measured where the decorations were before we took them down so they could be placed in the exact same location.
As an extra touch to bring out the depth of the tile, we installed round swivel recessed lights from Menards on a dimmer switch.
The depth and texture really bring an extra pop to this once boring white wall!!